Our client is seeking to recruit a Database Architect to join their Software Engineering Team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the overall design and development of the client Data Warehouse and also support the development teams with the design, implementation and optimization of operational databases.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Data warehouse design and optimization
- Coordination and creation of ETL scripts.
- Works with the Architecture team to help realize the architectural design.
- Support development teams in day to day database schema maintenance.
- Create and maintain test data fixtures to be used by development teams and QA.
- Assist in the creation of reports for internal and external clients.
- Create and maintain documentation related to the client data warehouse and operational databases.
- Optimize schemas for efficient access.
- Creation and management of schema differences to ensure minimum downtime on schema upgrades.
- Engages in research of new technologies and methodologies.
The successful applicant should be in possession of the following skills and experience:
- Previously worked on large scale web facing database projects involving high transaction rates and high availability.
- At least 2 years experience working as a DBA.
- Possess excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of ETL and Data warehouse design and implementation.
- Exposure to at least one open source database engine preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems including shell scripting.
- Experience with at least 1 OOP programming language. Knowledge of Java is considered an asset.
- Experience with one or more reporting tools.
- Desirable - Knowledge of Object Relational Mapping concepts and applications.
- A team player who is capable of working on a number of projects concurrently.