redho home | products | services

Programming Forums

Community for Java, PHP, Perl C, ASP and Python programmers
Monday 15 October 2018 21:50

Ask your IT question here

ASP.Net Directory Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Programming Forums -> ASP in depth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zelton
Guest Programmer

Can anyone help me with the following problem? I am working on an ASP.Net application and have some basic database functionality working, i.e. a user login. It is working perfectly but when i try and put the files in a lower directory the login wont work. I am just working with 3 files, login.aspx, success.aspx and webconfig.xml. I have put them all in a lower directory but it wont work. Cheers for any help!

Platforman
Guest Programmer

ASP.Net application files must reside in a "virtual directory" with the web server sees as that. Saying that, of those 3 files you have, they do not include the important ones from a functionality point of view: global.asax, & web.config.

The former files controls application events, allowing you to execute code the first time any page in your application is requested, or even every time the page is requested.

The latter file contains settings for your application, such as how session state should behave or where to apply security.

Basically you can't just pick and choose files to move. The entire application directory is a whole thing.

Thie \bin directory, also known as the assembly cache holds compiled binary files used by your application(s). Each application has its own assembly cache, but can inherit one from its parent.

Guest Programmer

Quote:
ASP.Net application files must reside in a "virtual directory" with the web server sees as that. Saying that, of those 3 files you have, they do not include the important ones from a functionality point of view: global.asax, & web.config.

Could some one explain that to me.. xx(

Page 1 of 1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Programming Forums -> ASP in depth

Dubai Forums - Expat Help | Vegan Forum | Java Programming | 3d Design Resources | 3d Forum | 3D Jobs | 3D Textures | Paris Forum | Europe Forum
Dubai Classifieds | Dubai Property | Jobs in Dubai | Free London Classifieds | Jobs in London UK

High Quality, Custom 3d animation and Web Design solutions Royal Quality Web Hosting Services Vegetarian and Animal Rights news

© 2018 RedHo