redho home | products | services

Programming Forums

Community for Java, PHP, Perl C, ASP and Python programmers
Thursday 21 November 2019 08:46

Ask your IT question here

Slideshow script problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Programming Forums -> JavaScript forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake
Enthusiastic Coder

Okay, don't throw rotten tomatoes, but I got this script for free on the web (for an image slideshow) which I use for family photos online. Well, the problem I'm having is that something in the script (JS file perhaps) is causing some photos to increase or decrease beyond their actual size---which pixelates and blurs them.

Is there any way to correct this so that the images are displayed at their best quality? If you click on the image shown in the slideshow you'll see the 'good' quality picture that's not been resized by the script.

The url to see an example of what I'm talking about is: http://www.thecorridors.com/anna_slideshow_0304.html

Thank you SO much in advance for your help.

Krabik
Enthusiastic Coder

Try removing "width:300px;" from the style property of the IMG tag.

Jake
Enthusiastic Coder

tried that, but aparently that only controls the popup window that comes up when you click on the image. In the script notes the author created the script so that you didn't have to input each image size. That wouldn't have been a problem for me, but it would be a nightmare at this late date because I'd have to pull all the images into PS and get the dimensions again.

It's weird though because the script resizes 'some' images up or down, but not others.

Jake
Enthusiastic Coder

I found what you were talking about, Krabik! That was the problem and the photos look great now. I REALLY appreciate your help!

Page 1 of 1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Programming Forums -> JavaScript forum

Dubai Forums - Expat Help | Vegan Forum | Java Programming | 3d Design Resources | 3d Forum | 3D Jobs | 3D Textures | Paris Forum | Europe Forum
Dubai Classifieds | Dubai Property | Jobs in Dubai | Free London Classifieds | Jobs in London UK

High Quality, Custom 3d animation and Web Design solutions Royal Quality Web Hosting Services Vegetarian and Animal Rights news

© 2018 RedHo